Here are 5 tips to ensure that your 5K goes great.
- Consult your Doctor. You should always check with your doctor before beginning a new exercise routine, and training for a 5K is no exception. Once your doctor gives you the green light then jump in with your training.
- Get Good Footwear. Go to a qualified running shoe store like Road Runner and have them analyze your walking and running mechanics. Get Superfeet for your shoes or custom orthotics if you need them.
- Train Smart. Gradually increase your mileage over a few weeks or months. Start by walking or jogging for 10 to 15 minutes and then slowly increase to a full 5K.
- Train with a Skilled Coach or Team. Check out Team Sheeper’s Training Programs if you live in the Bay Area.
- Stay Hydrated. It’s always important to keep your body properly hydrated, especially when your activity level has increased. Drink water before and after reach run, and throughout your day.